We limit how we use your information. We understand that personal information in your profile may be sensitive. We will only use or disclose this personal information for purposes connected with the Friends Central Service. We won’t use or disclose this information for purposes unrelated to the Friends Central Service without your permission unless this is required for fraud prevention, law enforcement purposes or by law.
The Friends Central Service is owned and operated by Desktop Investigations Limited.
The Friends Central Service provides services to people looking to find friends. We are committed to providing a safe environment for you to meet, converse with and get to know other people.
The Friends Central Service acts at all times as merely an online platform that enables users to create a public profile and connect with other users.
We may use your personal information in certain ways to facilitate the Friends Central Service, including the following:
- We allow you to send private messages to other members. These messages are private and only visible to the chosen recipient. However, we reserve the right to read any of your messages where we receive complaints from the recipients of a message or have to reason to believe that you are in breach of our terms and conditions or code of ethics.
- We help make your personal information available to you and others in accordance with your profile settings, which you can adjust with the controls in your account. By adjusting your profile settings, you can control things like: the extent others can see your profile or your photos and you are able to block certain members.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Account information: The information (including your first name, surname, postcode, and email address) that you provide by setting up an account through the Friends Central Service, in registering for our newsletter, in entering into any transaction through the Friends Central Service or otherwise by contacting us.
- Site Activity: We will automatically collect the following information about your use of the Friends Central Service:
- technical information, including the IP address, used to connect your computer to the internet; browser type and version; and time zone setting;
- information, including the full URL; clickstream to, through and from the Friends Central Service and Listings that you viewed.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive certain legal and administrative emails from Us, which are necessary for the provision of the Friends Central Service to you. You may also choose to sign up to receive certain marketing or additional emails. You can manage your preferences in terms of receipt of these communications through your account settings. You cannot, however, opt-out of receiving certain legal or administrative notices from Us. If you enter one of our competitions We will keep a copy of the data you submit to Us.
- Information provided to us from other sources: We may receive information about you from third parties in the course of making available the Friends Central Service to you, including organisers of events that are listed on the Friends Central Service; business partners; sub-contractors; and payment providers.
We use information held about you in the following ways
Information you give to us
We use this information:
- to make the Friends Central Service available to you;
- provide you with information about activities that you request from Us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- administer your account with Us;
- disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law;
- notify you about changes to the Friends Central Service; and
- ensure that the Friends Central Service is presented in the most effective manner for you.
Information that we collect about you
We use this information to:
- identify you as a user of the Friends Central Service;
- administer the Friends Central Service;
- ensure that the Friends Central Service is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- measure and understand the effectiveness of certain features of the Friends Central Service; and
- provide location-based services to you if (i) you have installed the app on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data in respect of this App, or (ii) you access the Friends Central Service via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to Us and information that we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of our users. We may obtain information about your usage of the Friends Central Service by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s internal memory. Cookies help us to: improve the Friends Central Service; deliver a better and more personalised service both through the Friends Central Service and through third-party websites and applications. They enable us to:
- support Our analytics, to estimate Our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Friends Central Service according to your individual interests;
- manage notifications and some of the content you see, so that you don’t keep seeing the same notifications over and over again;
- deliver advertising to you that is more suited to your interests, both through the Friends Central Service and through third-party websites and applications (including Facebook), that is more appropriate and suited to your interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to the Website.
Third-party providers – Analytics
- We may use third-party vendors to assist us to analyse how our website is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to enable them to perform these tasks on our behalf and they may not disclose it or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Third-party providers – Targeting and Remarketing
- We may also use third party vendors for remarketing. This allows us to advertise to you on third party websites after you leave our website. We may do this via cookies and Facebook pixels located on our website.
- Most third-party vendors allow you to opt-out or amend your settings. You can do this for Google by using the following link: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and for Facebook by clicking here https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Some third-party vendors allow us to create Custom Audiences feature so that we can target advertising at you. If you wish to opt-out of this please contact us.
If you register with the Friends Central Service or sign up for any of our newsletters or alerts, we will send you information about activities We feel may interest you. Your email address may also be used to send you information about Our other websites and businesses that we feel are relevant to your registration to the Friends Central Service.
Additionally, we may allow any third party which acquires Us or a substantial part of our assets, to contact you directly with information which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter and other correspondence and / or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link featured within Our correspondence. Alternatively, you can edit your personal information or manage notification subscriptions by updating your account settings within your user profile.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on Our (or Our third-party service providers’) secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Friends Central Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Friends Central Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once We have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the circumstances set out below.
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If We or a substantial part of Our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Friends Central Service, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Friends Central, organisers of activities listed on the Friends Central Service, or other users of the Friends Central Service.
- We may share aggregated user information with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of a particular category of users (e.g. women aged under 35) that have been exposed to or clicked on, advertisements in a particular period.
- We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree with the specific terms and conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
The Friends Central Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have a legal right to a copy of all personal information about you held by Us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
P.O. Box 34177